is blog/journal site of your
average run-of-the-mill IT professional named Timothy. Originally another WordPress site, I built this current
iteration from the ground up with PHP, MySQL, CSS, and a bit of KSH on the backend. Over the
years it has been place for me to attempt some journalism, record thoughts, practice coding, and
tell my one or two readers what I think is cool. Having worked in the IT industry for the past
six years, I decided it was time to branch out. As of October 2011 I have resided in Vanuatu, an
archipelago in the South Pacific, teaching IT with the United States Peace Corps. Updates may be
fewer and farther between than normal, but there should be a flood of posts every few months, so
check back often. Obligatory:
The contents of this website are
mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.
Take a look at tags aggregator
, this will provide a quick
look at the types of things I write about. The archive
every post even written, because as of yet, I haven't been asked to remove any. Keep a few
things in mind when you are traversing this site:
- I have a
terrible vocabulary, in that I will often employ words in strange ways.
- I have a
tendency to make things up, many times to protect others' identities, but also to make the
story sound more grandiose.
- Posts have a general self-deprecating attitude, but this is
more evident in the past than now.
Thanks for checking out this about page, I
hope you enjoy your time on the site! As far as contacting me, my email should be at the bottom
of every page in an image format. Thanks for reading!
My Away Address:
From time to time I might be posting some things that my students
or I would like donated. Below I have a list of things for me. Please feel
free to send mail and freight to the below address. Note that it can take upwards of twelve weeks
and as little as six weeks to reach me. Also Please do not send beef products, as they are
illegal to import into Vanuatu
Republic of Vanuatu
Current Wish List for Tim
- One Last Bandana, if you can find one with the Jamaican colors on it
- Candy, especially peanut-butter M&Ms and peanut M&Ms
- Girlscout cookies (thin mints, tagalongs, Samoas)
- Old Navy medium boxers
- Jelly Bellies Assorted, non joke flavors ;)
- Good books you don't want back, I donate all books sent to my school's library or the PCV library
- US Postcards and Calendars (as gifts to Ni-Vans)
- Old jump drives and old digital cameras (as gifts to Ni-Vans)
- Micro SD Cards (so I can mail photos back)
- Little bottles of hand sanitizer
- 3m hooks of all types (really!)
- Thanks to a wonderful friend, I have been watching almost as much Day as I watched in the States, I could really use a US Large sized Day tshirt.
- Any nerdy large sized tshirts, I recently made out like a bandit at a local used clothing store and am set for polos for the rest of my service.
- Granola Bars, as the ones here are French and really suck. I don't know if that is a coincidence or an actual correlation.